26 Jul 2023
An exciting opportunity at Deep Casing Tools has arisen, the position of Finance Assistant is now open for applicants.
Find full description of the role below:
To ensure that all transactions are accurately and appropriately recorded, reported and authorised in accordance with company policies, procedures and guidelines and that adequate controls are in place.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Registering and coding of purchase invoices
- Matching invoices to commitments where possible and taking corrective action if required.
- Validation of invoices and routing for appropriate approval ensuring that the invoices are returned to Accounts Payable quickly enough to ensure we can pay within supplier terms.
- Processing of expense claims.
- Responding to internal/external queries timeously.
- Following up overdue invoices which have yet to be authorised by the business.
- To perform weekly payment runs to suppliers and employees.
- Setting up/amending vendors.
- Supplier Statement reviews.
- Clearance of outstanding Bank reconciliations items.
- Preparation and issue of sales invoices from sales orders and ensuring that corresponding stock adjustments are made.
- Update Credit Control report on a fortnightly basis.
Cash & Bank
- Post all entries on at least a weekly basis.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations, ensuring outstanding issues are cleared in a timely manner.
- Preparation of quarterly VAT return and ensure compliance with VAT/Intrastat legislation.
- Reasonable care to be taken for the health and safety of the jobholder, and others who may be affected by his acts or inaction’s at work;
- Implicit within this duty is the requirement to take positive steps to understand and mitigate the hazards in the workplace and comply with safety rules and procedures.
- All tasks are carried out in accordance with the organisation’s policies and procedures.
Decision Making Authority:
- As per the Table of Financial Authorities
Line Management responsibilities:
- Reports to the Management Accountant
- Close collaborative working relationship with Operations, Engineering and Sales teams.
- Any member of staff requiring assistance on coding, treatment of costs, budgets, expenses, payroll etc
- Banking relationships
Job Knowledge & Experience
- Good understanding and experience of double-entry book-keeping.
- Good working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- A self-motivated team player.
- Disciplined and organised with good attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills across all levels of the organisation.
- Experience of Microsoft Dynamics an advantage.
- Positive attitude and ability to work on own initiative and be flexible.
If you think you’re the ideal candidate for this position please send in your CV to email@example.com.