13 Jan 2020
We are looking for an Assistant Accountant to work in our Aberdeen office. View the full job specification and details on how to apply below.
Closing date: Friday 17th January.
To ensure that all accounting transactions are accurately and appropriately recorded, reported and authorised in accordance with company policies, procedures and guidelines and that adequate controls are in place.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Receipting, registering and coding of purchase invoices on a daily basis.
- Matching invoices to commitments where possible and taking corrective action if required.
- Validation of invoices and routing for appropriate approval ensuring that the invoices are returned to Accounts Payable quickly enough to ensure we can pay within supplier terms.
- Processing of expense claims.
- Responding to internal/external queries timeously.
- Following up overdue invoices which have yet to be authorised by the business.
- To perform weekly payment runs to suppliers and employees.
- Setting up/amending vendors.
- Weekly cash forecasting.
- Supplier Statement reviews.
- Clearance of outstanding Bank reconciliations items.
- Preparation and issue of sales invoices from sales orders and ensuring that corresponding stock adjustments are made.
- Ensure any overdue debts are followed up as soon as they fall overdue.
- Preparation and issue of intercompany invoices and intercompany reconciliations.
- Capitalise items as per company policy and maintain fixed asset ledgers and post depreciation.
Cash & Bank
- Post all entries on at least a weekly basis.
- Prepare a weekly cashflow and ensure current accounts are sufficiently funded from deposit accounts to pay commitments as they fall due.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations, ensuring outstanding issues are cleared in a timely manner.
- Prepare of quarterly VAT return and ensure compliance with VAT/Intrastat legislation.
- Preparation of monthly payroll report for outsourced payroll provider and processing of same.
- Accurate and timely submission of employee returns, pension payments and taxes in accordance with applicable legislation.
- Preparation of month end journals such as accruals, prepayments, depreciation).
- Prepare accounts for 4 group companies to trail balance stage.
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations and follow up/ resolution of any outstanding items timeously.
- Any other tasks to assist or as assigned from the line manager.
- Reasonable care to be taken for the health and safety of the jobholder, and others who may be affected by his acts or inaction’s at work;
- Implicit within this duty is the requirement to take positive steps to understand and mitigate the hazards in the workplace and comply with safety rules and procedures.
- All tasks are carried out in accordance with the organisation’s policies and procedures.
Decision Making Authority:
- As per the Table of Financial Authorities
Line Management responsibilities:
- Reports to the Finance Manager
- Close collaborative working relationship with Operations, Engineering and Sales teams.
- Any member of staff requiring assistance on coding, treatment of costs, budgets, expenses, payroll etc
- Banking relationships.
- First point of contact for auditors.
Job Knowledge & Experience:
- Good understanding and experience of double-entry book-keeping.
- Good working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint.
- A self-motivated team player.
- Disciplined and organised with good attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills across all levels of the organisation.
- Experience of Sage or Microsoft Dynamics an advantage.
- Ability to plan and prioritise effectively and work to tight deadlines and budget.
- Positive attitude and ability to work on own initiative and be flexible.
How to apply: Please forward your CV by Friday 17th January via email.