8 Jul 2021
Are you looking to join an innovative private-equity backed technology company? We’re hiring a Financial Controller to ensure the smooth operation of our Finance department. This full-time role is an exciting opportunity to join a company at the forefront of sustainable innovation.
We're looking for a dynamic and driven individual with strong system knowledge and a management reporting background.
To ensure the day-to day smooth operation of the Finance department and effective monthly and annual reporting to all relevant parties/bodies.
Responsible for the financial governance of the Group and ensuring all legal entities comply with the relevant legislation of the jurisdictions in which they operate.
Provide relevant financial information and management information to the CEO/FD/Board/other stakeholders in a timely manner ensuring to highlight the financial impact of any material decisions and any financial risks.
The role reports to the Finance Director and the candidate will be expected to be purely office-based.
- Ensure that all accounting records kept are accurate and in accordance with applicable accounting standards and company policies and procedures.
- Ensure that there is an appropriate control environment in Finance to protect the company, mitigate and control risk and that the controls are tested (and revised where appropriate) on a regular basis. Ensure that any key financial risks are highlighted to the Leadership Team.
- Ensure that company finance policies and procedures are in place, revised when necessary, and are widely communicated, understood and followed.
- Develop the financial reporting function to ensure the CEO/FD/Board is provided with relevant timely and meaningful financial information to allow appropriate decision making.
- Prepare, review and discuss monthly performance pack including cashflow forecasts with CEO/FD.
- Work closely with the FD on preparation of budgets and business plans to aid strategic planning.
- Responsible for ensuring that the company has appropriate HR, Legal and IT advisory and support contracts, systems and processes in place at all times.
- Prepare information, where required, to support strategic pricing decisions, contract negotiations and tenders and ensure that contractual terms with customers/suppliers/agents/others are acceptable.
- Manage the annual audit process and ensure that all reporting and submissions (including tax) are made on schedule.
- Manage Accountant to ensure that core transactions are being recorded accurately and timeously.
- Perform review of payroll instruction to outsourced provider and provide CEO with a summary of key changes/items of note whilst ensuring that all payroll payments are made on time
- Ensure that all payments to suppliers/agents/HMRC/pension scheme etc are appropriately approved and paid on time.
- Ensure that all legal requirements around entities, tax and payroll are complied with (all jurisdictions).
- Ensure that the assets and stock are properly recorded and adequately insured in all jurisdictions.
- Be an active and effective contributor to the Leadership Team and work with the wider team to develop the business and implement the agreed strategy.
- Qualified (or qualified by experience) Accountant with over 10 years’ experience.
- Good knowledge of accounting standards and financial processes and controls with a strong background in financial and management reporting.
- Ability to influence at a senior level.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint.
- Experience working with Dynamics or Navision systems would be an advantage.
- A self-motivated team player with ability to be flexible.
- Disciplined and organised with good attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills across all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to plan and prioritise effectively and work to tight deadlines and budget.
- Positive attitude and ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision.
- Previous experience of managing people.
Feel like you would be a good match? Get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org.